View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Persona5

vCash: 500
I knew when the season was shortened that our team could have issues. The loss of an all-star d-man that Weber was used to playing along side his entire career didn't help matters either. If Poile would have known Suter was bolting I think this past offseason would have gone a lot differently than it did but that is in the past now so oh well. (I'll always boo Suter though)

Our team started out very slow and to me it was mostly about figuring out where our peices would fit now. Weber had his worst start of a season in his career but if you check his point production he was right on par with his ppg standard even with that horrible start. Rinne was battling a lingering injury all year. We had some fowards not produce to the level we thought they shoudl or would. We had a ton of injuries.

With all that said there were a few bright spots as well this year. Wilson started to come into his own. Josi and Weber seemed to really work well together after a rough start. We traded an underperforming ageing forward for a top prospect. We tanked well enough to get a very good draft pick this year.

Of all the years for these things to happen this was the best one. Imagine having to go through an 82 game season like this one. I trust in Trotz and Poile to turn things around next season and have high hopes for this teams future.