View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I actually expect to see nothing happen over the summer. The AVs front office and coaching staff are already going through a shakeup that may not be over with yet. We also have the #1 overall pick (which most likely result in adding a dman who is ineligible for the AHL to a dcorp that already has six one-way contracts and two two-way contracts that should already be playing more nights than not.)

I just think that we won't see anything other than a trade moving out depth d-men to make room for the younger kids that have earned icetime already.

As far as the forwards...I wouldn't expect to see any major changes (and I would say that signing a top six forward is a major change) until after the new head-coach is hired and has a chance to evaluate the players we have and talk strategy with the GM.

I believe that after the draft we are going to experience a very painfully long, slow and boring summer.

Maybe we can start a book-club.
This is definitely the glass half empty outlook, but I don't know how they can't sign at least one forward with Mitchell having to play on the top line. That is a glaringly obvious issue...

Landeskog
McGinn

Parenteau
Downie
Jones (Unfortunately he'll probably be given another shot.)

Are our legit top 9 wingers, that's 5 of the 6 needed. Mitchell and PJ/Kobasew/McLeod were never suppose to be used on one of the top 3 lines. Realistically we have 4 of the 6 needed IMO.

I'd 'like' to see Stalberg and Horton signed to fill out the forward roster, but I can only see us signing one forward. However they need to sign AT LEAST one.