Thread: Player Discussion: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 04:42 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Clowe is the type of player I like to stay as far away from as possible. They need a specific environment to be effective and have a short shelf life. Look at Dustin Penner. Clowe is on the decline and will unfortunately be out of the league soon IMO, which is a shame because I've always liked him.

These types of players are also heavily overvalued around the league which makes them chronically overpaid.

At least we're not paying Milan Lucic $6M/y to watch from the press box.
I'm not against signing him no matter what, I just don't think they should overpay or commit to anything long-term. If he can get a long-term big money deal somewhere else, so be it, let him go. If he's willing to take something shorter, I'd have him back. He's a big guy, he wins almost every board battle and he sticks up for his teammates. You can't have a ton of those guys on a lineup, but having one isn't bad.

Also, say what you will about Lucic's play right now, but I'd take him on this team any day of the week. You win with players like that, again, not a ton of them, but one or two. Plus, Lucic is still young. He'll rebound.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote