Old
04-30-2013, 04:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Looking at those advanced stats (and I am no expert on this, and also not a fan of advanced stats in hockey or any sport), it looks like Gus has better numbers in some categories and Gervais has better in other categories. Not exactly proof positive. If we "ignore" these stats (as you put it), I think simply watching the games is enough. What I have seen is two players playing on the same level. The two would be interchangeable. Aside from a slight size difference and different handedness, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between the two if their names were removed from the back of their jerseys. At this point, they are both bottom rung guys. Gust may (MAY) turn out to be a regular in the top 4. Gervais won't. I agree 100% on that. But right now the two are on the same level.
Gus is clearly better statistically in just about category, I don't know how you can say Gervais is better in some, worse in others like they're just about even.