View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 04:43 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
I just re-watched the extended highlights of Game 1 on YouTube to torture myself and get pumped for tonight but after watching it I oddly got slightly, slightly more optimistic about our chances.

I honestly forgot how pissed the bench was after the King board on Petro with everyone screaming at the refs that the penalty should've been more severe and then LA scored shorthanded literally 30 seconds after the incident as the Blues were clearly rattled and totally unprepared for the face-off. Matt Greene's goal ended the series right then and there. That was a ridiculous turn of events and something a green playoff team was unable to cope with. The Blues actually played really well until that moment.

I think the odds of a situation like that repeating itself is less than 1% and even if it does the Blues should, in theory, be able to withstand it a lot better this time from both a mental and personnel perspective.

When you factor in LA missing some key defenseman this time around and the Blues adding some pieces I think it's fair to say at this point going into the series the Kings are the better team but the Blues have closed the gap.

Couple other things I noticed:

1. Sobotka going hard to the net. Talked about a lot and was good to see on the tape.
2. Jackman going south with the puck which directly led to Voynov's tying goal. It's his achilles heel against a heavy forecheck and he has to move the puck quicker.
3. Someone kill Dwight King