View Single Post
04-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Freaking Loopy
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
This is definitely the glass half empty outlook, but I don't know how they can't sign at least one forward with Mitchell having to play on the top line. That is a glaringly obvious issue...

Jones (Unfortunately he'll probably be given another shot.)

Are our legit top 9 wingers, that's 5 of the 6 needed. Mitchell and PJ/Kobasew/McLeod were never suppose to be used on one of the top 3 lines. Realistically we have 4 of the 6 needed IMO.

I'd 'like' to see Stalberg and Horton signed to fill out the forward roster, but I can only see us signing one forward. However they need to sign AT LEAST one.
I'm not trying to be negative or half-empty. I'm just saying there's a lot of change happening so we outta get the management and coaching staff squared away, evaluate the team we have, the strategies the coach wishes to employ and then make moves going forward. Not sure that's going to be done in time for July 1st.

Regardless, I don't think we should fill out that last spot by overpaying in both term and dollars for Stalberg or Horton. I'd rather count on competition during camp to fill things out and if we can't find a solution there or know that it's not possible then go out via the trade route. Remember, the cap is falling so we might be able to take advantage of that. I'm also not convinced the new coach is going to want to run three scoring lines. It'd be really nice to do that but not at the expense of handcuffing the team constantly trying to balance the cap.