View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 04:56 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Plekanec has been significantly more effective than Desharnais on the power play.

To put into context, the forwards required the following PP minutes per PPP:

Eller - 6
Ryder - 8
Plekanec - 9
Pacioretty -11
Gionta - 20
Desharnais - 20

Galchenyuk didn't even get enough time for a small sample size like Eller.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious that the kid line needs more chances, and looking at those numbers, it should be obvious which two forwards should be the first to lose PP time.

I understand your point... but it doesn't address my question at all.

Say Lars Eller outperforms everyone, to the point where he HAS to be given more minutes.

He'll get ES minutes from TP and DD (from RW, to a lesser extent), and PP minutes from TP and DD, and PK minutes from... well, he certainly WON'T take DD PK minutes, right?

Hence my theory that if Eller plays really well, he'll take Plekanec's minutes on the PP -- especially with Tomas Plekanec's play taking a drop at the 40-game point. Unless it's actually a situation of DD playing really bad.

I mean, if what works is to take ONLY DD's icetime, then fine. The thing is, you'll STILL have a player playing too much minutes for my tastes (Plekanec).

This said, I concur that there should already have been an icetime adjustment, in order to give a little more minutes to the Kid line and and a little less minutes to the three other lines combined.