View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
Not sure if Claude has any surprises up his sleeve but I simply don't understand his unwillingness to play Jagr with Krejci to this point. Especially for a team that has had trouble scoring and generating offense. Put your skilled guys with your skilled guys and it just may work.

I highly doubt when Chia acquired Jagr he expected Jagr to be playing with Chris Kelly & Kaspars Daugavins. Daugavins was good last game so I have no issue with him being in the lineup but Jagr should be with Krejci. I also don't understand Thornton being in the lineup over Soderberg or Peverly. Put more skill in the lineup. Soderberg is a big body with skill who appears willing to drive to the net.

As for the D, I realize Hamilton has struggled defensively at times this year but the guy has skill and can move the puck which is an aspect the team has struggled with lately. He also has the ability to at least hit the net on the PP which appears to be a struggle for the rest of the Dman & most fwds (Seguin & Peverley etc.). But I guess in Claudes eyes Redden is safer.

Claude is extremely conservative in his coaching but his decisions/stubborness this season should definitely have him on the hotseat if we see another early exit.
What kind of coach would get scoring back in Horton--then scratch a Proven playoff performer in Peverley for a 14th forward waiver wire guy? On the third line....to play with first liner on every other single team he has ever played Jaromir Jagr?

The roll four lines and hope your goalie puts up a .945 save percentage is getting old.

Claude didn't become an idiot over night. He will do the right thing.