Legionnaire11
PredaBolts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Build the team, build on success.
Next season - Make the playoffs.
Two seasons ahead - Second round.
Three seasons - Third round, new ground!
Four seasons - Lose in the Stanley Cup Finals.
Five seasons - Stanley Cup Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I don't get the fascination with just making the playoffs. In a league where over half the teams make the playoffs, that's not even really a feat.

That said, I'm totally prepared to ride the rollercoaster. You get good, you challenge, you rebuild. Lather, rinse, repeat.

That really needs to be the expectation for ANY franchise. With free agency and roster turnover, especially for a small-market/shoestring-budget team, 5 years is a long time to keep things together. You've got to be able to put a team together, build up chemistry and experience and challenge for a title in that 5-7 year window and then you'll have to start again.

The Preds in the last 8 seasons have been mediocre in the sense that they have never challenged for a title. They should have done so last year, now it's time to rebuild.

Fortunately for us Preds fans, I don't think it will take another 8 years to get back to the point where we really expect a deep run. Maybe 4-5 years... and it really HAS to be, because at that point Rinne, Weber, Hornqvist and Klein will be on the other side of 30 and with Fisher and Legwand being well beyond useful.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote