View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
IPreferPi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
There was still a chance but I agree it was minor. In hindsight they could've had 8th overall but not like they knew ahead of time they'd end up 8th if they lost. I understand your point though, I just don't like the idea of being ok with losing. It took the team almost 10 years to get out of that mindset, I don't want them going back. Also it may be worth noting the last time the Coyotes didn't tank they ended up with OEL!
No, I understand your point too. And I totally get the desire to play to win every night, even if it's just for pride's sake. I certainly don't want the Yotes to become like Edmonton recently, whom for all their high octane offensive talent still phone it in and collapse. It's just frustrating to see the Yotes get the short-end of the stick time and again with getting the franchise center they need, that they can market and build around. Which is also why I couldn't be happier for Nashville and their fans this year (who are basically our dopplegangers in both culture and ownership/attendance issues) finally be able to have the opportunity to draft the franchise center they've needed for as long as we have.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote