View Single Post
Old
04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I just went to my first game, but I've been following the team on twitter and on the score sheet.
I also have Edmonton FC merch.
So no, I didn't "just discover'" the team but thanks.

I don't know why you've had such trouble with tickets at Clarke. I bought 3 side by side tickets on game day for myself, my wife, and our friend. We brought our kids (5mo and 17mo) and had a great afternoon. There were multiple people in line buying tickets when we got to the game.

One thing I will give you, several people were confused about seating and I was even approached about it. The team had several reps/ushers to help out with that though and nobody I could see was turned away. Also not sure if this is old news but apparently the team is working to get an 8,000 seat stadium dedicated to the soccer/the team - so that would probably mean real grass and no football lines.
So after the experience of buying tickets to one April game in which its bad weather you are the authority on this topic? Try buying tickets to games in June, July, August close to those home dates. Then get back to me.

Maybe before calling me out as clueless note that several of the games last year the stands were sold out with Standing room on the field being all that was available if anything. Watching soccer from ground level and trying to figure out what is going on on the pitch 100yds away is not viable. Its a non starter. So a few games I wanted to go last season were sold out and so I didn't go. One I actually went to was sold out.

Clearly you can see it being a problem that the team is turning back fans that wanted to go to see the product in its stubborn determination to play at Clarke.

Again why not the much superior Foote field that already HAS the seating that the team is currently erecting in Clarke park?

Makes a lot of sense hey?

One more time because I asked at FC Edmonton and never got a reply. When are the new bleachers available? Anytime this season?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote