View Single Post
Old
01-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Take in mind the state of the clubs that would be trading here, as poor playing teams are the Leafs' saviours.

-To TOR
Eric Brewer

To EDM
Aki Berg, Brendan Bell, 3rd Round Pick, possibly cash

-To TOR
Miroslav Satan, Alexei Zhitnik,

To BUF
Nik Antropov, Piere Hedin, Aki Berg, 5th Round Pick

-To TOR
Michael Peca, Adrian Aucoin

To NYI
Nik Antropov, Karel Pilar, Alexei Ponikarovski, 3rd Round Pick

So please point out where my Maple Leaf Homerism came into effect, what needs to be changed, and how in the world the Leafs can get a half decent defenceman!

Basically, those deals are all too big to be realistic, and are fairly one-sided in favor of the Leafs. In some cases, you have players who are even available (Aucoin) coming to the Leafs and most of your deals are "lottsa tin for a little bit of gold" deals - quanity for quality. Some of those deals also add unrealistic $ to the Leaf payroll.

Also, players like Berg and Pilar do not have that kind of trade value and Antropov, as good as he is, still needs to show that he can stay in one piece before he will have value that equates to his high talent level.

Of the three deals, the only one that has a remote chance of happening, is the Buffalo deal. I could see Toronto trading something like Berg and pick for Zhitnik at the deadline.