Thread: Grit?
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2006, 05:13 PM
4cups*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You're right. The Islanders are a powerhouse. THey are the most physical and by far the fastest team in the East. Rangers need to fear the Islanders by a big margin. Just look at how well the Isles played last year. LOOOOOOK OUT.
I'm not saying the Isles will be a powerhouse, but I don't think they will be as bad as people are projecting them to be. Also, I don't see the Rangers being as good as people project them either. Jagr is nice, but after that, much like the Isles, there are too many question marks. Will Lundmark be as good as he was the beginning of the season or as bad as he was in the end, will Jagr be the same or go back to the old Jagr from the Caps, Shanahan is pretty old, Prucha won't come under the radar this season, & your defense is pretty darn soft. Also, last season the Rags highest scoring defenseman hit only 30 points, if they do that again, it may hurt more this season. Then you add the improvements of teams like Boston, Florida, & Montreal. I just don't see the Rangers being that runnaway playoff type team.

4cups* is offline   Reply With Quote