Thread: Grit?
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2006, 05:25 PM
4cups*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Really--one might have seen your team going places the way they started off the summer. Certainly Wang isn't going to be on the ice but believe me he's given me a new appreciation of Mr. Dolan--but if I was an Islander fan I'd be really concerned about things other than the personnel you're eventually going to go with which is middling at best. There are guys on your team that I like as players though. Blake, Campoli, Asham, York for sure but the guys that should be leading them particularly Yashin have been missing in action for a while. DP has also to prove that he's worth even one year of the contract he just signed. Not saying he's not talented. I am saying he's not proven. Signing him to age 40--signing any player in the league for that matter to a 15 year contract is idiotic.
If I was a Ranger fan, I don't think I can ever have any appreciation for Dolan, because once you guys miss the playoffs, that buffoon will start orering to trade for old named players. Don't forget before last season Dolan brought you guys 9 years of no playoffs. Wang on the other hand has owned the Isles 4 years & those 4 seasons he has gotten us 3 playoff appearances. Wang maybe an idiot, but its his money, his team, his ego, & all I can do is root for the jersey. Also, if it wasn;t for Wang, the Isles would be playing in either Portland or Seattle. As idiotic as the Dipietro & Yashin contracts maybe, I have to thank Wang for keeping my favorite & beloved Islanders on Long Island.

4cups* is offline   Reply With Quote