View Single Post
Old
09-15-2006, 06:25 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
How is it irrelevant? It is only irrelevant if you want to ignore the crux of the argument. You keep claiming that Henke is already God's gift to goaltenders. You keep claiming that there is simply no way that Montoya can be that good. Then how can you keep brushing aside Edge's point that at the same point of their respective development, Henke WAS NOT better than Montoya? If you extrapolate the argument, then in another several years, Montoya has every chance to be at least as good as Henke was last year. Off course acknowledging that, will defeat your entire argument of Henke definitively being the franchise goaltender of the future. Because if Montoya shows that he is as good as Henke, then in most probability, the older and more experienced goalie will fetch a better trade bounty.

If you are going to argue a point, then the least you can do is not view everything with tunnel vision and at least make an attempt to see where the others are coming from. Otherwise, the only person you are debating with is yourself.
I understand the point the two of you are making. I just disagree with it. Why is that so hard to fathom?

What I have stated since the beginning is that I would trade Montoya if I thought I was getting the better of it. When someone said to me that by definition we can't get better value now my response was an extremely simple if you can't make a deal you think helps you, you don't make the deal. Here I was on your side of this whole thing.

Instead of just accepting that I said I would not deal Montoya (or anyone else) if I didn't think I was getting the better of it Edge and yourself continued to explain to me that Montoya is better at this stage of his career. I disagree, but so what.

Neither of us can state factually that Montoya or Lundqvist is better at the age of 21 or 22. I don't know the answer but I do know that for Montoya to be better at that age he would have to be capable of being an MVP in a league that featured NHL players, something that Lundqvist has already done. In my opinion, it's pretty unlikely, but I don't know with any certainty. Do you?

The other point we disagree upon in regards to Lundqvist-Montoya is, if I've understood your opinion correctly, is that Montoya's value can only rise. The value of anything can go up or down. Is that true?

I enjoy this stuff. It's more fun than working.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote