Thread: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 07:47 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
The rangers resigning Clowe to a stupid contract is one thing I'm nervous of this off-season...If it was 5 years ago I would be all about it. He really seems like a night and day player compared to what he was a few years ago...

He looks really slow, his production has been on the decline and he honestly just looks like a 30 year old with a lot of miles on him.. and now he possibly has a concussion?

IF the guy is able to play these playoffs and be a huge factor I might reconsider my position about him.... I just don't see it happening.
Clowe has NEVER been fast. This is the way he plays. Again, people see him and try to compare him to Nash or Callahan or Hagelin. That is not his game. He skates like many other big power forwards around the league who are not superstars. Ryan Malone is a great example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
waste of draft picks if you ask me. if he wants to come back it should be for cheaper because he really hasn't done much here. just my opinion
8 points in 12 games and the team made the playoffs. The team has played noticeably better since he was acquired (granted others were added as well). The team has been tougher to play against as well.

Sticking with my 3-4 year contract for 3-3.5 million/season. He fits this team and he fills a couple of major holes.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote