View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlguy View Post
I really don't get why the Sabres organization continues NOT to go with great, hungry, young talent? It's funny to see OHL players who can't hold Catenacci's stick called up to other AHL teams playing significant minutes and contributing while Cat sits out?? Aside from a great AHL debut 2GP-1G-2A +3 6SOG, this is a kid who can help the Amercs and play in every situation. The Sabres organization needs to change their earn your stripes culture and mentality, that's why they don't produce many elite players.
No. That's the opposite of what they should do. You do not gift players ice time. They need to earn it.

They want to go with more experienced players. It's the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Catenacci is not going to make a difference at all. They could use his speed but it's not much of a match for Toronto anyway.

I would put Catenacci in tonight myself, but not for the lame reasons you mentioned. Not for being a draft pick and not because you just want to see him play.