Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsey View Post
We dumped on almost every rush. Most of you defend the the Wild whenever someone else brings up the word boring or trap but how did you not see it? We were dumping on 4 on 3 rushe, 3 on 2 rushes, every 2 on 2 rush.. It's like we have the puck entering the zone, instead of maintaining the god damn puck, we dump it for a 50-50 chance to get it back. 90% of our dumps get cleared out within 10 seconds and its the most frustrating hockey to watch. Call me a hater but our system painful to watch most of the time.
Agreed. Very boring and frustrating to watch. You see the Hawks pass it back to their D and then go D to D for a while waiting for their team to change while maintaining possession. Then they attack. We never do that. We are always looking to dump it. We had almost no quality scoring chances coming of the rush like usual. It not the hockey I would coach a team to play. It was just so infuriating, I would yell at the TV every minute, "Stop dumping the puck". It just didn't seem to be working for our players last night. No one could really get a cycle going. And even if they did the Hawks would just wait and keep us to the outside because we have no idea how to make a play towards the slot. All three forwards are constantly looking to cycle instead of feeding the other guy for a one timer or give and go to the net. They just shovel it back down the boards. Cycle cycle turnover is a summary of our offensive strategy.

I just don't expect our Defense/Goalie to play that well all series, so we are going to need to score some goals at some point. And trying to dump and change every shift isn't going to work.