View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 08:15 AM
UncleBenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
No. That's the opposite of what they should do. You do not gift players ice time. They need to earn it.

They want to go with more experienced players. It's the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Catenacci is not going to make a difference at all. They could use his speed but it's not much of a match for Toronto anyway.

I would put Catenacci in tonight myself, but not for the lame reasons you mentioned. Not for being a draft pick and not because you just want to see him play.
This is why players like Luke Adam are in the lineup night in and night out but 9 games out of 10 do nothing but float around on the ice. He knows his ice time is guaranteed because he's a "prospect" and if he just floats around long enough and gets some lucky deflections in front of the net, he'll end up in the NHL with the Sabres some day.

Give Girgensons a couple years, he looks great out there this year but after a couple of seasons with 0 accountability, I'm sure he'll look just like the rest of them.