Thread: New Cities
View Single Post
Old
01-01-2004, 10:05 AM
fcbarcelona

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life
I agree that Winnipeg getting an NHL team is a longshot, but the more I think about it, the more I am convinced it is a definite possiblility. You must look at the Colorado and Minnesota franchises. Both cities had NHL teams that moved because of no corporate support, and a weak fan base. People realized in a few years that they took the North Stars/Rockies for granted. When the NHL returned a decade later, it was the hottest ticket in town.

This is exactly what will happen if the NHL returns to Winnipeg. We have a new arena, corporations that would bend over backwards to support a Winnipeg NHL team because of the gulit associated with not supporting the Jets when they were here. It would be next to impossible to get a ticket for an NHL game, especially in a 15 100 seat arena.

I can't wait until the lockout begins. Sure I will miss watching all my favorite NHL players and teams, but I know in the longrun, it will be beneficial to the NHL and drive down players salaries. Hopefully, it will also drive Bettman out of a job, and relocate teams in markets like Carolina, Nashville, and Anaheim to Winnipeg, Quebec, and Hartford!
just to let you know, avalanche games are sold out due to huge corporate support which the was not there previously. what businesses in winnipeg could actually support an NHL team? im curious to know