Thread: Value of: Marc Staal to Canes
View Single Post
05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Unknown Pleasures
vCash: 500
JR is pretty boneheaded, so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to overpay to acquire Marc, similar to the Jordan deal. But I also think JR had his hand forced a bit after last season because Ward and Staal made it pretty clear to management that they weren't happy with the teams he was icing and wanted to an see an effort to acquire better players in the off-season and not scrape the bottom of the FA market or else they would be leaving. Eric and Ward seem to be appeased with the Jordan and Semin signings, so I think JR will be patient and wait for Marc to reach FA (if he does).

I think our defense will be mediocre enough for the payoffs if we just add a few more defensively minded d-man. They don't have to be "elite level" like Marc. If we just replace a two of McBain/Corvo/Sanguinetti with more physical / stay at home types, even at the same skill level our D group as a whole will be much improved. In addition, we can't really afford to trade young A-level prospects and picks for players that are going to be getting their payday in a short time. We need some of those talented entry level contract players on our team.

Last edited by Identity404: 05-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Identity404 is offline   Reply With Quote