View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Philoops
I am Potato

vCash: 500
Since karlsson has returned, he hasn't been as fast or as good defensively. He's a bit rusty and needs to train during the summer to regain what he is capable of. So, I don't think Karlsson will be as much of a factor as people are saying (other than on the powerplay). He's made some terrible defensive plays. A lot of our young guys look absolutely gassed (Silfverberg, Turris etc). Anderson isn't in the same stratosphere as Carey Price but has had a much better season; again, playoffs are different. Our defense is overrated. Outside of the pk, our defense is awful. The amount of times I've watched us get hemmed into our own zone is ridiculous (especially with Phillips on the ice). Neil is only one guy, and is sometimes prone to taking dumb penalties at key moments. Most of our shots that rebound in front of the net never amount to anything because we never have anyone in the right places. Latendresse is a small man in a body he doesn't use. Michalek is invisible without Spezza. I've watched every single sens game this year and tried to maintain a neutral perspective when thinking about the performance of this team. We are not "elite defensively", we have zero offense and above average goaltending. What this team does have is a lot of heart. The series could go either way, but I expect a habs win this year.
Maybe next year when we have more experience and are lucky with health, we'll make some sort of run. For now, habs in 6.

Philoops is offline   Reply With Quote