Thread: Player Discussion: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Then you're a fool. The type of collision really doesn't matter for concussions. If you're really going to blame a concussion on the fact that he's "old" (30 y/o...) and his body is falling apart, then I just don't know what to say. Go run into someone's elbow-pad protected elbow with your face. Tell me how you feel.

I personally don't think Clowe's (relatively minor) injury history is a reason to turn up our noses at the guy. He's not like a Gaborik who has been chronically injured his entire career (though even in Gabby's case, that isn't why I personally wanted him gone). Staal has had a concussion. Nash may have too. Hey - Nash also had groin problems. Boyle has now potentially had multiple concussions. Callahan has had more injuries than I can count over his career. Are all of these players on the verge of falling apart too? Are their careers over? It is a physical sport. Injuries happen.

Now I'm not saying the concern for him playing the type of game that lends itself to deterioration as he ages isn't a valid concern. Just saying that this particular example being used to try to prove that point is about as much bs as you can get.
Youve tried to lecture about concussions, but its quite clear you just dont understand.

The day you get your first concussion, you are more susceptible to get another one. And so it goes.

The season that Callahan or Nash or whoever's production falls of a damn cliff, then yes, Ill raise concerns about them declining.

Clowe is there now, so thats why we're having the discussion about him. Get it? For me, this conversation goes beyond his injury history or the concussion, or one single event. Its more about his production clearly declining and folks wanting to hand him a multi-year deal. Why invite that trouble?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote