Thread: Speculation: Who should we draft?
View Single Post
05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by utkpred View Post
If Drouin is there somehow at #4 and we take Barkov, I don't understand that pick. Forsberg can easily play center equally if not better than Barkov moving forward and Drouin is an absolute game changer on the outside that shows shades of Kane/Datsyuk with his handling and scoring ability - something that this franchise hasn't seen.
Barkov has almost as much game breaking potential as Drouin. There is a reason that Barkov has been compared to Datsyuk at points. He's got silky smooth hands that are very reminicsent of Datsyuk's. Barkov's potential is immense, almost as high as Drouin's offensively, and defensively its much higher than almost every other top 6 potential player in the draft.

The potential you're talking about with Barkov is Kopitar (who is a game breaker) with better defense, and hands like Datsyuk. He's never had a player on his wing with offensive potential like Forsberg (who was drafted as a winger, plays wing and will be a winger at the NHL level). There's not telling what he could do with a linemate like Drouin had since joing the Mooseheads.

That's not to discount Drouin. He's incredible to say the least. If the preds have a choice between him and Barkov, I'm not really sure who I'd want them to pick to be honest. I don't think the two are as far apart as you think. I think it might be a dead heat.