View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
I think that Lavi was trying to implement a more defense oriented system this year but without training camp and all the injuries it backfired on them and nobody was quite sure what they were doing (hence the terrible 5 on 5 numbers). They'll probably try to keep pushing it with a full training camp and more practices.

As far as goalies go, I hate to say it but unless an opportunity to allocate a large chunk of cap space to a (worthwile) puck moving defenseman opens up, I think our best option might be to platoon Bryz and Mason until next summer. It's one thing to put Bryz's cap space to a better use but if there aren't really any great options than I would rather keep him for one more year than amnesty him just for the sake of getting rid of him. Just looking at this year's crop of UFA goalies there aren't really any guys I would feel comfortable signing in the $1.5-$3.5 mill range to platoon with Mason and the last thing this team needs is to throw money at someone like Backstrom or Mike Smith.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote