View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Dustin Peener
The real Iceman

vCash: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
From my experience, the reason people become refs is because they have some kind of God complex to begin with. They want to ref so they CAN be in control and make their mark on the game. Maybe they're just a minion in their normal job and want an opportunity to "be the boss" but I dont know many refs that dont flat out enjoy being the center of the game and telling everyone else what to do.

The few I know that arent like that, simply do it for the paycheck and couldnt give a damn about the game, dropping pucks on faceoffs before guys are set, looking for any excuse to wave off an icing, not calling penalties so they dont have to stop the game, etc, etc, simply to get the game over with quicker so they can get home early and collect their checks.

Sorry, but I have very little respect for refs and know a few personally and they all fall into that first category.
Way to lump us all in that category together there buddy. When I started officiating I was just a kid who loved the game and I wanted to be involved in any way possible and I didn't think I could make it as a player.

I'm assuming you play beer league, those traits you describe are the reason they are stuck doing beer league games in the first place.

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote