View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Other than our lack of success against the Rangers and Devils, every team deals with all those issues. Did you see how awful the Kings were in their own zone last night? Completely outworked by the Blues, but Quick bailed them out, until Quick had a tape to tape pass to Steen behind the net.

A goalie with Bryz's contract needs to be a mistake eraser, and he's obviously not. That's all I'll say to avoid this becoming another goaltending thread.
The Kings found someone that plays exactly like they do. play physical, play good team D and get really good goaltending. The Blues were obviously the better team last night. I am still expecting a long physical series there.
As far as Bryz goes yeah, I agree. People think the caphit doesnt matter. it does matter. if Briere's caphit matters for what he gives production wise then it matters for Bryzgalov. I am not sure why people want to brush that caphit by Bryz under the rug and not do it for anyone else.
bottom line for me is tho, we need to find a goalie who will give more then just pedestrian numbers. The Flyers arent going to beat anyone when your goalie struggles to stay above .900 on a consistent basis. I dont care if he makes 6 million or the league average.
The system could use some tweaking but still shots against were down and blocked shots were up from the previous season. 2 things that should of mattered. it didn't.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote