View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
What is your point? That there is nepotism in hockey, no ****. Smith and Bucky seem like capable asst. to me, I am just wondering what the basis for firing them would be. Smith was a tough as nails dman with a great service record and clearly knew the position for which he teaches. Bucky, while not a skilled forward, gave every ounce of try in his body every night and got beat up many times sticking up for teammates. Most importantly both knew what it took to be successful in this league. I know some may get sick of the old boys club but IMO I think that history and tradition is worth hanging on to.
I know players often come back as coaches. What I see is two guys that have been part of several poor coaching staffs. (mostly Abucky there) Clearly, coaching is again suspect and the optics of these guys getting hired without any other outside help, like a Wayne Flemming, seems off.

We need to, at the very least, add another coach for Kreuger that is not an old boy. He could use the help of an associate.

As for your assertion that guys who were great at some things make for great coaches, I guess you were a big fan of Gretzky's coaching too.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote