View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Scheifele has been a beast these playoffs. Anyone else think he hit a switch after being sent down and has made a dramatic improvement?
Yes and no. This is exactly the trajectory we realistically could have hoped for. Hawerchuk said years ago that he should be dominating the OHL before moving to the next level and that is what he has finally done.
It has taken time, physical maturity and graded exposure through the WJC, Jets and now OHL playoffs. I really can't say enough about how well I think Scheif has been managed by the Jets org. In a FP article today, he talks about how he has been given special attention by opposing teams and played through it, and about the pressure on him in a game-7 playoff--all important exposures in his development.
For those who keep saying he is playing against kids--look at the Belleville lineup--they are gigantic. London is a much smaller team but has plenty of future NHL-calibre talent.
It's all good. I still doubt whether this will translate into significant NHL production till the 2014/15 season, but I am a patient man.