View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
I question Ristolainen's upside, particularly on the offensive end and prefer a more dynamic offensive player like Nurse or Pulock for the Flyers...and Zadorov's combination of immense size, good skating, raw skill and good attitude are hard to pass up. He's only just starting to figure things out and has decent production while being a force to be reckoned with on D. This dude could be the next Chara. Imagine him working with Prongs and Hatcher? I'd have to say, at this point, I'd probably take Zadorov if there, then Nurse and then Pulock, before I took Ristolainen. Morrissey is another interesting D man to me but it's too much of a reach at 11...

See I am the opposite. I prefer Risto out of everyone not named Jones. His numbers aren't eye popping, but you have to keep in mind he is facing much better competition as well.

The biggest problem with projecting defense at 18 is we have no idea what kind of zone starts, qual comp, and minutes they are facing. For all we know Nurse and Pulock are being given easy, offensive minutes. I'd rather have the defender excelling in tougher situations.