View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Perfect_Drug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
lol Does Sweden know they can't get a 1st overall pick if they finish low in this Tourney?
I remember the US being in danger of being relegated a while ago (Either relegated, or not invited to the olympics), so a Prime Doug Weight and Chris Chelios went to prevent that. For a while it seemed it was very unfashionable for US players to go for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I think we might very well finish outside the "big 7" this year (CAN, USA, RUS, FIN, SWE, CZE and SVK)...

What upsets me a bit is that although they have included some young SEL players (going over the NA next year) they dismissed the young players already in NA, like Paajarvi and Adam Larsson. None of them are stars (yet) obviously but they are without any doubt a lot better than some of the players we are fielding in their positions. The problem with dismissing these players (imo) is that apart, from bringing youth and quality, next time they might not be so thrilled to say yes when they are called (and I think both of them will be...).

Anyway, doesn't matter.
Shame. MPS has speed to burn, is a force on the international ice, and has been a tremendous player in this tournament. Surprised Omark isn't going either.

Politics sucks. But we fielded a 'developmental team' a couple of years ago with Messier as GM and MacT as coach. (Decent team in retrospect, but way to young at the time to consider a winner).

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote