Thread: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
His shoulder has been shot for most of the year. He's getting progressively slower with each season when he was already painfully slow to begin with. Now he has a concussion which is very tough injury for a guy who makes a lot of noise with his fists. The science around concussions is sketchy at best, but many people believe it makes him more susceptible to additional concussions.

I think he's been pretty mediocre since he arrived. Shanahan was much different. He was several years older and yet still put up a PPG season in Detroit. However, you saw how quickly his body broke down. It's what happens to guys who play a hard-nosed game like this. Eventually the body just says "enough" and their game falls off a cliff.
I just see people writing off a unique player who knows how to play his style of game. I am not saying he will be a HUGE producer, but if you can sign him for anything near 3-3.5 million I take that and run. At that salary, for what he provides in terms of production (35-45 points), toughness and leadership he is worth it. He is the exact type of player you love to have on a line with young players.

Prust got 2.5. Clowe @ 3.5 is the better investment.

I am not saying just give him whatever. What I am saying is that for how unique of a player he is, these injuries do not concern me. He is not 35.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote