Thread: Ryane Clowe
View Single Post
05-01-2013, 02:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I just see people writing off a unique player who knows how to play his style of game. I am not saying he will be a HUGE producer, but if you can sign him for anything near 3-3.5 million I take that and run. At that salary, for what he provides in terms of production (35-45 points), toughness and leadership he is worth it. He is the exact type of player you love to have on a line with young players.

Prust got 2.5. Clowe @ 3.5 is the better investment.

I am not saying just give him whatever. What I am saying is that for how unique of a player he is, these injuries do not concern me. He is not 35.
People are writing him off because we can't afford to invest money in players who look like they're breaking down. Point production is the kind of thing that separates Clowe from the Prusts of the world. If he's not scoring 50 points a year, why not target a guy who will give you 30 points but is younger, cheaper, and has the speed to keep up with the game?

If he wants a one or two year deal to prove he's healthy, fine, but I'm not comfortable with 3+ years.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote