View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 01:35 PM
flyersgal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2point0 View Post
Maybe if we actually focus on drafting and developing our own players and not trading them/our draft picks away then we won't have to worry about having to throw ridiculous amounts of money around every summer just to get players to actually want to come here.
The problem is, the organization isn't very good at drafting/developing defensemen. We are strong in our forward scouting/drafting however. Until we get better defensive scouts (I could see Pronger helping here, maybe even Kimmo after he retires), and the proper personnel in Adirondack to develop young defensemen, I have no problem with us filling our defensive holes via free agency and drafting around our strengths. In order to get a young, stud d-man via trade, we'd have to give up young assets, but the Flyers organization has proven time and again that they can strengthen our forward depth via draft, regardless of where we pick. I mean, at draft day last year, everyone was like who the hell is Scott Laughton? Now, he's tearing up the OHL and was competing for a roster spot this year.