View Single Post
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
It's weird and gross
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I don't know about that. Nashville has a ready to compete D/G and are in a somewhat precarious market. Barkov could be fantastic, but he might take 2-3 years to get there. If the Nashville owner wants a faster re-tool than that, and their GM likes another player almost as much as Barkov(say Lindholm or Monahan), I could see them moving down a few spots if they picked up a roster forward.
First, I'm not sure I'd call Nashville a precarious market, but that's your opinion.

Second, reports are that Barkov is probably the second most NHL ready player in the draft, behind only Mackinnon.

Third, I don't think taking the BPA (and the last real difference making forward available in this draft, not counting VN) signals some kind of Oilers style rebuild.

This year was very likely a fluke, due to missing almost two lines of forwards for the last month and a half of the season. A smart draft and a smarter free agency, and Nashville should be right back to where they were.

Adding Matt freaking Stajan doesn't change that. Nashville has waited virtually its entire existence to draft a forward this level...I'm sorry, I just don't see it trading one great piece for 2 or 3 "goods."

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote