View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
I actually meant "different" as I wrote in the initial post. But it's more than just differences in systems. He'll have to play more minutes because the depth simply isn't there, the Canes more aggressively forecheck, the forward depth and grit isn't there either, and they aren't as accountable in backchecking.
He was averaging almost 25 minutes this year, and before his concussion, he was averaging over that number. Minutes aren't a problem. The Rangers love to put two guys in on the forecheck and Staal is often left on an island when it comes to backchecking. However, his size, reach and mobility make him extremely difficult to beat on the rush. You said Muller's system would be a challenge for Staal, yet there's nothing here about that system. It's just a "we have some lousy players that don't backcheck" and our defense is shoddy so he'll have to play a lot of minutes.

Idk. You're entitled to your opinion but nothing you've said so far makes me want to buy whatever it is you're selling. I'm just going to bow out now.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote