Thread: Value of: Marc Staal to Canes
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Overcast

vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
Interesting to note how you've completely ignored Girardi, Staal's longtime D partner.

Again, whether it's Girardi or McDonagh, Staal would not have that caliber of partner or depth on the blueline in Carolina. He would have to be the guy in a wholly different sense. You're also overlooking the differences in Torts vs. Muller's systems. I'm not saying MStaal is simply a product of a conservative D-oriented scheme, but the challenge is different in Carolina's more aggressive system.

Regardless, a Murphy + #5 pick + prospect is way too much from a Canes' perspective.
Staal was the guy who has always carried Girardi and made Girardi look 20x better than he actually is.

It's fine, you don't have to overpay (or pay at all) for Staal. We're perfectly happy with keeping him here and I'm sure he's happy playing on a contending team. Until the day comes where he says "I want to play in Carolina with my brothers", that's pretty much all you're going to hear Ranger fans say unless an overpayment does come from Carolina.

Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote