Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks win Game 1 (2-1 F/OT)
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 03:21 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

vCash: 500
Thought Brodziak played really well defensively. He usually came away with the puck in the board battles, he was playing with edge which is good to see. I wish we would have got the bounces. This was a very winnable game, I feel like we deserved to win more than they did. Hope Suter can keep it up! Zucker was a machine in this game, once he starts finding the net look out. He could have had 2 or 3 goals in this game. Top line did its job for the most part, a goal would have been nice. Some great backchecks by numerous players. Overall just a really great game. I think one thing that was interesting was that Chicago unlike most teams couldn't score when it got us into one of our patented one minute run arounds in the defensive zone. The PP is our Achilles heel, we need to find a way to cash in on some of these opportunities. Also, I'd like to see our defenseman take the body more especially when Toews is bearing down on two defenseman and still gets a good backhander away. That should never happen when there are two of you, guys.

Hossa was their most dangerous player by a mile. Toews didn't do much, Kane can be bullied and frustrated. Everyone else seemed harmless, but Bickell seems to be in the right place at the right time against us. They may be better than us, but I'm not buying them winning the west at all after last night. Their defense was pretty good though.

Anyways, this team is competing and I couldn't ask for more. Looking forward to game 2.

Oh and I don't think Rupp/Konopka did anything for us. Loved Mitchell's game, he is underutilized by Yeo constantly. We should be going with a more speedy lineup, hopefully Poms can get back soon.

Speed kills.