View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 02:33 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Jérôme Bérubé ‏@Jerome_Berube 3m Samuel Henley (Val d’Or) has been invited to the #habs draft combine in June. Via @drouinalex

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
If Gauthier falls that far I will be ecstatic. In my opinion, he's a top-20 pick with big upside. A project for sure but he definitely has an NHL future. Several people are saying Mantha could fall as well. Tell me those wouldn't be stereotypically perfect picks for the Canadiens.
These three moves, if the Habs sign or draft them would be the start to building a team capable of winning the SC. Unless the front office makes use of the knowledge they have in this draft, meaning taking the gambles on players future worth, such as Gauthier, Mantha, Burakowsky, Buchnevich, Lodge, Moutrey, Dauphin, etc. then the Habs are still stagnant. Only in striving to be the best, not just talent but all round team balance is the key. The Habs already have the Goalie (Price) Defenceman (Subban) Centers (Plekanec,Desharnais,Eller) the Habs drafting a big center that plays defence and wingers with size to complement their smaller scorers, are huge concerns. As are the size of the defence corps adding Diaby, Morin or Santini to the propspects coming is a necessary duty if the Habs are to compete with St. Louis, Los Angeles, Anaheim for the SC, first of course there are the Eastern teams to deal with. Without having talented big men in their lineup they may as well spin their collective wheels until they pass out. Go Big Go should be the Habs chant at the 2013 Entry Draft. IMHO.