View Single Post
05-01-2013, 03:37 PM
vCash: 500
I posted the following list on the 'Inquiry For Your Team' thread on the NHL board. It regarded players only:

Biggest disappointment: Almost every single player disappointed, from the top six to the role players. The nominations are:

-- Tyler Ennis showing he's too much of a defensive liability to stick at center.

-- Mikhail Grigorenko looking to be years away from dealing with the speed of the NHL game.

-- Vanek again proving he's too inconsistent to be your top guy. If you disagree, you don't watch enough Sabres hockey or you're wearing stat goggles. Vanek plays two weeks on, two weeks off. And it's not just lack of linemate talent or nagging injuries when he's off. It's him playing poorly and making lazy decisions.

-- Pominville forgetting how to play D when the season still could've gone either way.

-- Marcus Foligno not playing with any passion or violence most games.

-- Tyler Myers constantly spazing out with the puck and making even simple plays harder on himself. Relax, dude.

-- Everything about LVP Drew Stafford, who couldn't even muster a late season surge to inflate his flagging trade value.

-- Ville Leino needing off-season surgery which might mean we can't amnesty him.

-- Kaleta further regressing to an offensive zero. A few years ago, when he potted 10 in 50ish games, I hoped he might be a future Ott/Third Liner. Well, it's the future, and my hopes are dashed.

-- Future AHLer Nathan Gerbe's one productive year proving to be an anomaly. What a bummer, I know we were all rooting for the little scamp.

-- John Scott failing as an enforcer by not punishing anyone who matters when they go after our skill guys.

-- Jochen Hecht's stick is where offense went to die.

-- Brayden McNabb not making the team.

-- Hodgson not keeping it up.

-- TJ Brennan apparently unable to hit the NHL-sized net with his heralded point shot. Until we trade him at a three-round loss.

-- Luke Adam not coming close to pushing for a spot.

-- Cody McCormick and Matt Ellis not providing any spark whatsoever, forcing the team to bring up Kevin Porter, thereby stripping Rochester of their captain and top center and severely limiting the chances of a long playoff run experience for the young guys down there.

-- Andrej Sekera plateauing at best.

-- Christian Ehrhoff not being able to hit the net for half the season on our 29th ranked powerplay. How many one goal games did we lose this season where our PP went 0-fer?

Apologies for the list. But it was a really bad season.

SabresFanInLA is offline   Reply With Quote