Thread: Speculation: UFA Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
While Leggy is good defensive forward his faceoff numbers are not impressive at all. only above 50% one year and career 45% in faceoffs. In his 13 season he has averaged 15 goals a year at center. The one short stint he was on the wing he was productive but injuries forced him back to center. Two seasons above 20 goals in the NHL you could count a prorated third for this past season. He has been the eqvilent of a 3rd line player his whole career but has played 1st line. This has been and still is an issue. All the fans and Trotz think Mr Pred is a 1st liner. Unless this mentality changes the team can't move forward. The current roster does not have a single 1st line player and no Wilson has not proven yet that he is either.
Outside the FO% (which Legwand did have a decent year in), I'm not quite sure why this is all in response to my post. I doubt you'll find many of us that actually believe he is a 1st line center, and I am certainly not in that grouping. 3rd line center on a good team, serviceable 2nd on a team lacking center depth. Either way, however, I believe he would be a waste on the wing.

Don't disagree that we need a true 1st line center, but that certainly isn't Stephen Weiss.