View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I respect Hornqvist and I like him. I'm just not nearly as big on him as a lot of people are. The kid works his ass off, that's for sure. My main concern is him being able to bring enough to the table to justify the money over the term while remaining healthy. He plays in arguably the most dangerous position in hockey; he is out front with Weber blasting away from the point. It takes stones, but imagine Hornqvist taking a puck to the jaw a la Crosby after Weber shoots it. I hope it never happens, but hell... it might. And that doesn't even touch the amount of abuse he takes from goalies and defensemen on other teams.

Then again, maybe that's why we have to pay him so much. Hell, I'm not sure how much you'd have to pay me to take that kind of abuse all while having 100+ MPH frozen, vulcanized rubber blasted in my general direction every PP. It reminds me of the age old question: How much money would it take for you to step in the ring with (insert hard hitting boxer/MMA fighter) for a round?

Apparently for Hornqvist it's ~$21m.
In this day and age, it's not that much money. That's kind of the point I've been making. 25-30 goals, regardless of how they come, is going to cost you 4M at LEAST.

I think, all things considered, we probably got off easy.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote