View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
I wouldn't say I have expectations for consistently competing, much less a Cup. I've been in this business too long to expect anything anymore. It's hockey. It's crazy. **** happens, or as I like to say, hockey happens. So I'm not much for expectations.

A better word for me is hope. I hope that the Predators continue to compete. I'm not asking for Cups, although that would fantastic to see. Fact of the matter is there's 30 teams and only 1 wins it. You're gonna spend most of your existence NOT winning it, I don't care who you are.

That being said, what I hope for, is for the Predators largely to keep doing what they're doing. They've made the playoffs most years, they've been a team that's tough for anyone to play most years, they've been a team that has a chance to win every night. They're in it. And I think what goes along with that is, you like to make the playoffs at least. Some years you won't, but don't make a habit out of it. That's all you can really ask for.

We've all gone through years, and this was one of them, where you're losing most of the games, and the team isn't really hanging with their competition consistently, to the point where you can really get behind the team and really enjoy the ride. That happens to everyone. The important thing is they haven't made a habit of it and most years have put out a product you can get behind. All I want is for them to continue that.

If there's anything I'd like to change, a more offensive culture would be nice, but any way they can compete as long as they're competing is fine by me.

Click here for Brassard Party
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote