View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
CowbellConray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
The problem is you can say this about Panik, Connolly and Kucherov all three offer elite talent and could all be first liners in a few years, but this team already has 5 great players in their top6 (Purcell, MSL, SS91, VL4, Killorn) and has Malone, Pouliot, Johnson, Palat that are/ will all be able to play in a top6 role and would be on most teams.
That's 11 guys capable of playing in the top6, of course this is as good as a "problem" can be, but I would prefer one of Kucherov, Connolly or Panik to get us a great defender. Johnson and Palat don't have enough talent to bring us a high-end talented defender and are very good shutdown forwards so I would prefer to have them in the org.
I bet my money, that at least 1, maybe 2 of Purcell, Connolly, Panik, Malone and Pouliot will not be on the team next year.
I wouldnt say Palat, Pouliot and Johnson are players that would play in the top 6. If they can, then they are a pretty terrible team. Even if Palat and Johnson play well, they top out at 30-45 point third line-second line tweeners.

I like the idea of a Mcnabb for Connolly swap. Both are players that are on the cusp of the NHL, and both are top 5 team prospects.

Mcnabb hits hard and well. A little slower, but plays lines generally well. Sometimes takes himself out of position to line up a hit, but not a ton

I think it's a good 1 for 1 hockey trade.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote