Thread: Grit?
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2006, 12:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I think the speed of this team will be very deceptive. Not crazy fast but enough to take notice to. Cullen will bring a pace to the game that fans will love. Ward can fly now that his knee is ok. Straks is always a hustler. Pruchas got some zip. Even Betts shows a flash from time to time.

Rucchin was a stone out there and having Cullen go in for him is gonna be a huge change.

When youve got guys flying around it sets up well for the lurkers like Jagr, Shanahan and Nylander...

As far as grit goes, yes theyve added a bit more sandpaper to their game. But they have a unique type of tenaciousness (Prucha, Straka, Hollweg, Orts, Ward, Betts.... Hall remains to be seen) and guys like Jagr, Shanny and even Nylander intimidate in their own way by drawing attention and penalties which make up in some ways for grit.

What they can use is a Tikkanen/Barnaby like player who gets under the oppositions skin but can play. I am hoping that Hall (especially) or Ward can grow into that, or maybe even a Dubinsky or Dawes. They dont care how much punishment they take they just play and piss the other team off and that REALLY works for a team.

The addition of Ward will def help i love the north american flavor they put into this team. Kaspar will crunch, and hopefully Roszival or Rachunek will suprisingly grow a pair in response to that. Even Hossa is a big dude if he gets his act together.
Did you forget Kasper and what he did to Brashear last year?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote