View Single Post
Old
09-16-2006, 12:54 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I think that it boils down this:
1. On most nights, this team will have their hardhats on and work hard.
2. They are not afraid to get their noses dirty and dig in the corners.
3. They are more NA-oriented, but will not be the aggresors on most nights.
4. The hitting from the forwards groups will be improved from last year. They should be able to wear down the opposing defensemen much more than last year.
5. While they will not lead the league in fighting (or more accurately, they will drop the gloves amongst the least in the league), they will not back down and will have a few more incidents of gloves being dropped.

6. Here is the biggest problem. Despite the addittion of Ward, as a whole, the defensemen will not be the type to clear the crease of loose pucks and loose bodies. Especially given that once again, Malik & Rozsival will be woefully miscast as top-pairing defensemen. As such, they will have the most ice time. On the other pairs, Kasper & Ward can do the work of clearing the crease, but as Malik & Roszival will be on the ice the most, Henke will be on his own for most of the night.

This 6th one covers it all. We still may not be tough enough on defense. Toots is an all-around good player, but I just look at Malik-Roszival-Ozolinsh, and I just see no physicality at all, and I don't see how you can accept that from a defenseman. How can a defenseman be afraid or shy away from hitting?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote