View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 07:29 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
I agree with you on a lot of your points, and I like everything Gagner brings to the table. I'm a fan of his and I wanted him to drop in the draft so we could land him (mostly because his dad was my favorite player for a bit). I think he's shown a ton of character and his compete level is maturing. He's not only a good offensive player, but he'll be a glue guy for whatever team he's with in the future - whether it's Edmonton or someone else. (Hopefully us )

I just don't agree with your statements that Gagner is "way more valuable than Loui". I think that's false. The +- numbers lie a bit this year. Loui is definitely a better defensive player than Gagner (Gagner's still young). Offensively they're not all that far off as of right now. Loui's a more refined player as he's been around a little longer, but he's also naturally a more rounded player.

I'd be hesitant to trade Loui straight up for Gagner. But I'd also be very tempted. That's a tough one for me. I think throwing in your 1st would be an over payment, but I'd gladly take it . We do need a center and as I said, I like everything Gagner brings and although this was kind of his breakout year so far, maybe he'll be like his pops and really explode once he throws on a Stars uni.

I expect you guys to draft Monohan, and that could allow you to trade Gagner for another piece needed to fill another hole. Squeezing Loui in on the wing (rid yourselves of Hemsky he's useless I've been saying it for years) would be a nice addition. You guys need size up front and people tend to forget that Loui is 6"2 just shy of 200 lbs.

So I think there's something there. Just not sure what.
Gagner is a good player and probably underrated by Dallas fans (myself included). Personally, I want nothing to do with a swap of Gagner and Eriksson as the two main pieces of a trade with Edmonton. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. If we're trading Eriksson for a center we should aim higher and be prepared to tinker with our side of the trade.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote