View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
How the hell is 1 good prospect and 3 slightly above-average prospects any kind of depth...?

Goalies are a completely different story and really shouldn't be a part of this conversation. They're such a crap shoot anyways. I will admit that that is some decent goaltending depth, though.

And Lindholm is obviously gone at #6, unless you can't read. And if they're really looking to improve their depth, then they'll trade down and add more picks.

Where's yours that guarantees they won't?
I said they were interested in Lindholm which would allow any reasonable person to infer the Flames were very interested in acquiring a centremen. Someone like Monahan, which in your mock draft was still available at the number six spot if you can recall.

And while the Flames do need to improve their depth, they need to add quality far more than quantity. They don't need more middle end depth, they need high end, quality players more than anything. Trading down would be beyond asinine and is something Feaster has already acknowledged that they won't do.

Unlike you I never guaranteed anything. I simply said the Flames would be nuts to pick a winger if there's a high quality centremen still available.

Last edited by Calculon: 05-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote