vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
[QUOTE=Tiki]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
to col: cairns & snow

to nyi: boychuk & a pick

QUOTE]

Not a chance from the Isles. We've won 6 in a row and and Snow has been in net for all of them.Why mess with a good thing? If the Isles belive they can make some noise in the playoff's I would bet they hang on to Snow.

Carins is 29 and makes 900k. He is a couple of years away from UFA status barring a lowering of the age in a new CBA. He's getting decent ice time as a #6 and is one of the top fighters in the league.

Unless the Isles really need to slash more payroll, they don't go anywhere near this trade.

yeah thats pretty much what i stated in my 1st post, snow is too crucial to the isles playoff chances to deal him right now, but maybe at the deadline if they are not in it?

another poster worried about aebi becoming worried about a veteran backup> like another said snow and cairns are great team guys and would have no problem getting few minutes or sitting in order for the team to win.

the reason i offered boychuk is because our forwards prospects are weak, while we have a strong d men prospects with foote, blake, liles, morris and skoula all capable of at least 5 more years.

i'd also like to keep skoula and have him and cairns battle it out for the #6 spot or play which player better suits the opponent, ie if u need toughness play cairns etc.

our top 4 is set with blake-foote-morris-skrastins,

whereas skoula and liles and for that matter cairns would all be question marks.

liles: is he to small for the playoff grind?
skoula: will his mental errors cost us a playoff game?
cairns: is he too slow for the fast paced west. conference?

so having 3 qualified 5-6 defensemen would only help the coaching staff make easier decisions.