View Single Post
Old
05-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I got to watch some video on Josh Morrissey tonight from the U-18 tournament and he was FANTASTIC!!!!! I know the Flyers pay close attention to this tournament (that's where they were sold on Scott Laughton) and you couldn't help but notice Morrissey this tournament. He's not the biggest guy (Andrei Markov is a good comparison physically), but damn, what a skater and what a shot. Everyone raves about Pulock, but Morrissey is right up there with him. On top of it, Morrissey has got a bit of a mean streak to him and he can really hit.

I've taken a look at Morrissey's ranking and NHL Central Scouting has him rated the 27th North American skater, ISS has him rated 19th and there's a number of independent groups have him rated as high as 14th. I'd be interested to see what his ranking is after the U18 tournament. I'd love to find out what Flyers scouts think.....
He would be a great pick to trade down for. I would love for Columbus or Calgary to fall in love with a prospect at 11 and the Flyers trade down for two 1sts. They could end up with two solid d prospects then.